A grant of more than £3.5million from the ESRC together with further funding from the University enables the Centre to provide 22 studentships each year for social science research.
Innovation and Sustainability: Management and Policy
The STEPS Centre’s researchers are involved with the Innovation and Sustainability DTC pathway, which is aligned with STEPS’ co-host institution SPRU – Science Policy Research Unit and led by Prof Ed Steinmueller.
Research students collaborate with a diverse cross-section of government, business, and third sector organisations on issues of:
- policy and management in the transition to more sustainable use of energy:
- reducing the human footprint on the environment
- establishing and renewing enterprises that create wealth or contribute to social well-being
- seizing opportunities emerging from the Internet and other information and communication technologies
- regulating technological risks ranging from the food that we eat to the potential dual uses of chemical and biological technologies
If you would like to find out more about the STEPS Centre’s contribution to the Innovation and Sustainability pathway contact: Jeremy Allouche firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Applications for ESRC studentships can only be considered from those who have already received an offer of a place on a doctoral degree at Sussex. There are therefore two stages in the application process and two deadlines to meet.
- First deadline: Fri 30 Jan 2015 – Application for a PhD
- Second deadline: Thu 5 March 2015 5pm – Application for an ESRC studentship