The issue is volume 2 in a series on Global Agrarian Transformations (Volume 1 is also still accessible for free from the Taylor and Francis website).
As JPS’s contribution to the ongoing food sovereignty debate, the journal is also making available for free for a limited time three commentary articles:
- A comment on Henry Bernstein's way with peasants, and food sovereignty Philip McMichael
- Can there be food sovereignty here? Tania Murray Li
- The debate on food sovereignty theory: agrarian capitalism, dispossession and agroecology Kees Jansen
- Food Sovereignty: a critical dialogue – event in January 2014
- Missing politics and food sovereignty by Ian Scoones, 27 January 2014 (Future Agricultures blog)
- Food sovereignty: a growing activist and intellectual movement by Ruth Hall, 27 January 2014 (PLAAS blog)